1. By about 6 centimeters.
2. The part that spans the river itself.
3. More than 30 meters.
4. It is inlaid on a special plaque on each of the bridges two pylons.
5. As part of the worldwide Millennium celebrations in the year 2000.
第18课讲的是有关现代艺术中的电流艺术（Electric currents in modern art）所以我选择了一篇同样是有关现代艺术的主题文章。
Modern art is artistic works produced during the period extending roughly from the 1860s to the 1970s， and denotes the styles and philosophy of the art produced during that era. Due to its powerful emergence as a force of revolution， modern art represents an evolving set of ideas among a number of painters， sculptors， writers， and performers who - both individually and collectively - sought new approaches to art ng.
Art has a profound impact on things whether it is living or inanimate， as well as how human being are interacting with each other on social or psychological level. Artworks of the past have always been the direct and indirect representation on how past artists perceived what they saw， heard， thought and more - these senses assisted them to create such reflection in their artworks. This is also whypricing such artworkcan be a daunting task.
Even to these days， modern arts have been a great force to influence the art of today. And this goes beyond art in the form of painting. Many great architects， scientist， lawmakers， civil workers， and other professions are more or less affected by art. They were taught art history or how to implement creativity in their respective field of expertise. They are often take a subset of their surroundings to get ideas for their works.
1. Modern art started roughly from the nineteenth century.
2. The artists of modern art only individually sought new ways of art ng.
3. Art has a big impact mainly on living things.
4. It can be difficult to price artwork.
5. Modern arts have little influence on the art today.